The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Countdown

First of all, I have to say "Welcome Back" to all ye bloggers! I was getting pretty tired of clicking on your links and seeing the last post was from May or June (I am also guilty, I know).

Next, look at my ticker! The final "baby" is circled, which I guess it means it's coming soon! It still says I have 28 days left, but I promise it will be less than that. If Baby has anything to say about it, it would be tomorrow!

The attacks are getting more... vigourous... and it seems less like a "I'm having fun in here" kick and more like a "GET ME OUT OF HERE, THERE'S NOT ENOUGH ROOM" attack.

The feeling is mutual.

I guess you could consider it "crunch time", so we are borderline frantically trying to get the last minute jobs and preparations around the house done before it comes. We've done the most important things though, like removing the circ saw and the rest of Colin's tools out of the closet in the baby's room, and setting up the nursery. The rest is just details. The baby will not care if the bathroom lino I ordered yesterday doesn't get installed until it's 10th birthday.

And frankly, at this point, neither do I!

This is my last week of work! It will be odd not coming here for an entire year! I have some great co-workers that I'll miss, and I'll probably cry instead of cheer at the baby shower they're throwing me on Friday afternoon.

Don't get me wrong, though. I have been waiting for this moment for 9 months, and my body is finally telling me that it's time to try and relax a bit. The next challenge is actually RELAXING on my days off (assuming baby lets me have any before it comes). I usually end up assembling furniture or going out all day. It's hard for me to sit down and put my feet up.

Back to work! Got lots of loose ends to tie up before I go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

The little "Roth Spot" has grown into a full baby!

That's pretty exciting!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Yay! Looking forward to the baby!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home