The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Randomness

I have never done a post on randomness. I usually wait until I have something worthwhile to write about and then try to make an intelligent piece of writing about the one topic.

My pregnant brain does not let me do this often anymore so here are my random thoughts du jour.

*****

16 more shifts until my Mat leave!

8 vacation days before my Mat leave!

I wonder how good I'll be at being almost 8 months preggers, sleeping in a tent with -1 degree weather.

Orange Mocha Light Frappachinos are my favourite thing in the world. Too bad I have to remortgage the house to support my addiction. So much for abstaining from coffee.

I wonder if there will ever be a time in my life again when I am not obsessively thinking about my child. Probably not.

I do "Kakuro" puzzles probably an hour a day right now for a few reasons: to try an ward off "pregnancy brain", to help with morning sickness on the train, and because I SUCK at sitting down and not doing anything.

I want a wiener dog.

My child does not have a name yet. Hey, let's play "name my child"! Any takers?

I have not had ANY morning sickness in 7 days! Hallelujah!

My lunch break is finished........now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Love the random posts. They're my favourites usually.
As for baby names, as long as it's not Osama, all is good. I'm not a fan of Betty either, as it conjures up 50's housewives baking cookies, or the good girl who never gets Archie because that sleaze Veronica is always showing off her body on the beach for all the boys...
Whew. Little off track.

Personally, I love Isaiah and Joshua for boys. Or Isaac.
Girls names are more tricky. Please not Jenn or any similar alternative, as there are too many Jenns, Jennifers, Jennys and Jennas in this world!

Friday, June 22, 2007 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Girls names for us are easier. I THINK we have one more or less picked. And its not a form of Jennifer. That's my sisters name and 2 of my girlfriends.

I love those 3 names for boys too. Too bad Joshua is #2 or 3 in the top 100 right now. It'll be as popular as Jen in the future.

It's hard to name a kid. It has to live with it for it's entire life (or at least until it's old enough to change it).

Friday, June 22, 2007 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Hey, I finally got around to asking my friend about that place on the Island. It's called Pachina Bay. She said she and her hubby camped RIGHT on the beach and it was amazing!

Names...oh that is tough! You will pick the right one though! I think girls' names are easier as well. Be glad you are not a teacher though, whenever Kev and I finally do have kids it will be VERY tough for us to pick names because we have probably had a student with any name we choose and we might not have had the best experience with that student! :)

Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:51:00 PM  
Blogger The Wagners said...

Boys... Alexander,Xander, Hugh, Jezreal(that might actually be a girls name), Marlin(though, that one might be too 'fishy'), Tobias, Eslin, Elijah...

Girls... Ann-Elise, Katia, Kaleah, Edith, Charise, Jeandette (I DID spell that correctly)...

As you can tell our kids are going to have interesting names! :)

Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Hmmm, we are in this decision-making dilemma too! Just remember, whatever name you pick, be happy with both the name and the potential nickname that the child will be called by his or her peers. Your baby's gonna be just as cute and sweet no matter what it's named though!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, you look great! I met a girl in my ice cream parlor today that was cute as a button and her name was Shade. She was beautiful. I also like Sarah and Andrea Suzanne. As for my boys, I named them both after hockey players: Patrick Roy and Stéphane Richer from the Mtl Canadians. Boy's names were always easy... But, I am sure when you see your cute little bundle, the name will come very easily. You will see she/he and will know right away.

Take care, your cousin from a far away place, Shari

Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home