The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Easy Breezy Summer Recipe

For lack of anything else to write about, and since everyone is blogging about BBQing, I have to share a simple recipe we put with all summer meals. It's a low-fat-dip-like-thing that goes with almost everything.

Stir together the following ingredients:

1 8 oz pkg of light cream cheese at room temp
1 single serving container no-fat plain yogurt
3 (or more) crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp oregano (from garden if available)
1 tsp basil (from garden if available)
Salt and Pepper

Viola! So easy, so delicious!
Of course if you are like my husband and don't like low fat stuff, you can always make the "with fat" variety (although I made the low fat one last time and he didn't notice a taste difference..tee hee so sneaky).


I got this recipe originally as a dip for hot buffalo chicken wings. We loved it. So we started using it instead of Tzatziki sauce for our Greek dishes. Now I use it to go along with:
  • any BBQ'd meat
  • skewered veggies
  • rice
  • fish
  • dip for raw veggies
  • maybe even chips?
  • stick in a wrap with Greek salad and rice...one of our fave meals
  • right now I think it would go great smothered on a toasted sesame bagel with mashed avacados, but I think that's a pregnancy thing

Please try and let me know how you like it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

That pita wrap sounds soooo good right now. You're such a good cook.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Mmmm...sounds yummy! We will have to try it. The bagel and avacado thing sounds good to me too. Lately I have been putting mashed avacado on EVERYTHING!

Friday, June 15, 2007 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I am pleased to say I got to try it firsthand, made by the chef herself! It was delicious!

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home