The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day

Mothers Day was this weekend. Everyone who didn't know that needs to rush out and buy the biggest boquet of flowers and the sappiest card available.

Colin was away fishing with his parents, like he does every mothers day (although this was his last trip on this particular weekend)! He ALSO needs to rush out and buy a boquet of flowers.

I had a great Mothers Day weekend! Not only is it the day to celebrate my wonderful mother, but also to spend time with family and celebrate my sisters (who are both mothers), and maybe me too, since I am more than half way to motherhood!

My sister Jen and I took my mom out to sushi on Saturday, then my mom and I spent the rest of the day shopping for maternity clothes. "How fun could that be for HER?", you ask? Well, she loves making me spend money so I think she had a good time! That afternoon I had a frappachino (first one of the season) with my other sister Heather.

On Sunday the whole family (minus Colin) went to Westwood Plateau for the best buffet brunch you have ever seen! We had the best seat in the house, a corner table surrounded by windows! Beautiful! There, we ate and ate and ate. Then I think we ate some more.

All the ladies and kids got our faces painted. Some members of my family are camera shy so I'll only post photos of the ones who have no say!

Mommy-to-be.

Beautiful Princess J, who tells me every time I see her that
I'd better have a girl. "There's too many boys already!"

D is the LAST person the clowns should have given a dragon balloon animal attached to a 3 foot long balloon stick! I think we all got bonked (us, and the rest of the poeple there!).

He's so fun and full of energy!

Cute little M was very proud of his rainbow painting and was running around shouting "BOW, BOW"!

We also had a gift exchange. To my surprise, I even got a few gifts! Some little tiny outfits for our little one! They're soooo cute! It's funny. When you're going to be a mom, people give you gifts for your child instead of you, but it's exactly what you want! How things change. I guess I can learn to be less selfish afterall.

I'm so blessed to have a wonderful mother, who has, and will keep teaching me what it is to be a good mother. I'm sure she'll rescue me a thousand times when I'm freaking out with my new baby and don't know what to do with it. I love how good our relationship is, and that we can hang out and have fun together!

I love you Mom! Thanks for everything!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Awwwww, sounds like you had a great weekend, despite that Colin couldn't be there. Where do you go for brunch at Westwood Plateau (I've never been up there)... is it near the golf course?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

It's at the golf course, I think in the clubhouse. My sister got married there.

I don't think the brunches are a regular thing though. I think it's just for special occasions.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home