The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fresh, and Good For You

I just had a mandarin orange for lunch! MMMmmm. A treat! Usually they're only available around Christmas, but we found some at my favourite produce place.

This is my plug for Al's Farm Market in Port Coquitlam. If you live in PoCo, and don't get your veggies there, you're missing out.

We went the other day and got cherry tomatoes, cilantro, baby carrots, onions, mandarin oranges, strawberries, apples, avacados, lemons, limes, green peppers, yellow peppers, leeks and a hunk of deli meat and only paid $20.

The yellow peppers are $1.49/lb as opposed to the $3.99/lb at Save-On. Pineapples are usually $3, Save-On rips you off at $6-7. Cherry tomatoes on the vine are $1.50 and twice that at Save-On. Deli meat is $1.29/100g instead of $1.79+/100g. I could go on and on. EVERYTHING is cheaper, and of good quality (not like Fruiticana...yuck)!

I can't believe I've done an entire blog entry about fruit & vegetables. But I am passionate about veggies and love starting my week with an array of different delicious and fresh things to cook with. I'm also passionate about a deal.

So there you go. Shop at Al's Farm Market on Shaughnessy by A&W.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Hmmm...I will have to check it out. There is also a good market in Lougheed mall. I don't know if your market sells them or not, but if you ever get the chance try the yellow-skinned mangoes! When they are ripe, they taste like candy! They are so delicious! It's what I imagine heaven would taste like, if it had a taste, that is.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home