The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nancy's Nano

I have officially joined the world of commuters.

I have ended the frustration of listening to people's conversations.

I have stopped grinding my teeth when I hear someone's loud and annoying laugh on transit.

I...have bought a 2 gig iPod Nano.



Lately, there have been more and more commuters walking around or sitting on transit with the signature white headphones. So Colin and I went to go check them out and price-compare to other MP3 players. We found that all the other brands of MP3 players were the same price as the Apple, so obviously we chose the iPod over the other brands.

I have uploaded my favorite CD's. A variety of Jack Johnson, Great Big Sea, Casting Crowns, Third Day, and yes, even some Johnny Cash!

I've heard they get scratched very easily, so I got a case to put it in. Other than the time it was out of the case to take the first photo, it's been snug in it's blue blanket, safe from sharp things!

The day I got it we went camping for one night. I spent the entire evening sitting outside with my iBook plugged into the trailer, uploading songs. The life of the party!

I love it! Colin and I played "name that tune" a few nights ago. One of us would have the headphones and the other would control the song choice. Then we'd see how quickly we could guess the song correctly. Colin won with 1 second. I'm not going to say how long we spent playing that game...

Can anyone (other than Colin) guess what song is on?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Sea of No Cares!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm gonna go with something by Jack Johnson.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

My guess would be Great Big Sea... Mari-Mac?

Monday, September 11, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

All good guesses! I listen to Jack Johnson more than GBS, but it was a GBS song, on my favorite album "UP"! (which Mari-Mac is also on). The song is Rant & Roar! So congrats Andrew on being the closest!

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

Yippee! What do I win?

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home