The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Got some Salm-ON"

Has everyone seen that new "Old Navy" commercial? You know, the one where a girl blows a gargantuan bubble with her gum, then starts to float away? Her friends all jump in the air in all sorts of freeze-frame poses, then grab onto her so she doesn't float away, while the music plays "get your fash-on"? You remember? Good!

I love the commercial, but Colin hates it. When it comes on, I will get up off the couch and try to do the same poses mid-air, but still can't seem to slow down time enough to do that "pause" all the models can do. Hmmm. They must have learned that in their model training. Colin, on the other hand, reaches for the remote to change the channel. Usually, he enjoys watching me act out things, making a complete fool of myself, but not for THIS ad!

Ever since I've been singing the ad, I'm turning every word I use that ends in "ON" into a song. Like, "Everyone go to Save-On to buy a lem-ON" or "Went to church and heard a good serm-ON".

But this post isn't about fash-ON, a lem-ON or a serm-ON. It's about fishing!

You see, (sing with me) "Colin went fishing and caught 2 salm-ON"!

He dedicated the past week to cash in on the short opening of the Sockeye season. He spent the evenings untangling lines. Oh, wait! That was me! How did I get suckered into that again? Colin was tying lures, making his own lead weights, and getting his gear ready. Then on Saturday morning at 7, they left for the day and came back with one fish.

Not completely satisfied, they went out again after work one day this week and came back with 2!

Upon returning home, cutting up the fish, and trying to remove the fish smell from the kitchen, Colin says, "I think I'm done fishing for a while".

GASP! Did I hear him right? Colin get sick of fishing?

Well, he IS allowed. Can't have too much of a good thing anyway! At least my freezer is stocked for awhile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Mmmm, salm-ON. Delicious. Healthy. Everything anyone could ask for.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Yes, I must admit, my newest hobby can be tiring.

Friday, September 01, 2006 8:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home