The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Hidden Treasures

Summer seemed to linger, with a late heat wave. It trickled off... and went straight into Winter. MAN is it cold outside today!

One good thing about that is that I get to wear my favourite wool jacket again. Doesn't fit quite as well as it did a few years ago, but I will wear it until it's threadbare due to it's "value".

Because of my short torso, it was REALLY hard to find a dressy jacket that fit. I searched for two years. Finally, I went to Metrotown with a mission: I WAS NOT LEAVING THE MALL UNTIL I BOUGHT A JACKET. I finally found one that day!

So I remortgaged my house, and swiped my card. Ok, ok it wasn't THAT expensive (half the price of my wedding dress), but I do not buy any item of clothing that is over $50. And that's stretching it. All clothing MUST be on sale or else they don't get tried on. I am not a "fashionista", nor do I want to be. If I am wearing an "in" coulour, it's because the shirt cost $5.

Anyways, back to the jacket.

Today was the first day this season I've worn my jacket. I was so thankful for it as I was walking at 7am. So warm!

I put my un-gloved hands in my pockets and noticed there was something in there, and got instantly excited.

I LOVE finding things that have been lost or forgotten for a period of time! As a pack-rat kid, I went through my junk boxes once or twice per year, to see if I was able to part with those movie tickets or bus transfers yet. Almost every time, I'd hide a $2 bill (remember those?) in my Expo 86 wallet, just so I could find it again the next time I de-cluttered.

As I walked from my car to the office this cold morning, I dug deep in my pockets and removed the contents, one by one. Here's what I found:

1. A ticket to a "womens" event I went to in April. I smiled, remembering sitting with about 6 girlfriends listening to comedic speakers. I may have even chuckled a bit.

2. A dental "reminder card" that stated I had an appointment in April. This one was like nails on a chalkboard. I wondered which of the 14 appointments I had last spring this card was for. I heard dental drills. I felt the pain. I shuddered. I wished that piece of paper had've been money.

3. The last thing I found was my pomegranite Burts Bees lip balm! YAY my lips are happy again.

What's in YOUR pockets?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home