The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Amuzing Race 4...the Final Chapter?

The Amuzing Race 4 was on the weekend! We had 14 teams (56 racers) and 18 volunteers!

Here's a recap of what they did:

- Memorized a Bible verse before they left the church
- Went to Pitt Meadows Corn Maze and had to find someone in it
- Went to a park on the Fraser and made origami ducks or filled a bowl with river water using bath squirters
- Found tree #1287 in Riverview Hospital's tree collection (it's on a 244 acre lot)
- Tried to figure out an equation using post office boxes in PoCo (wow, this event was a flop, I must have written the clue wrong)
- Counted picket fence posts on a PoCo heritage home
- Picked blueberries
- Ate haggis
- Searched for a clue frozen in a iceblock at a campsite
- Double-dutch skipping
- Did an obstacle course at the Coquitlam firehall training grounds (AWESOME event!)
- Found a "spirit bear" along Brunette

Wow, what a day. Other than one event, it went really smoothly and from what I observed and heard, people had a lot of fun!

Goal achieved!

I went through $23.50 on my cell phone, coordinating the event from Eagle Mountain Park (past Westwood Plateau). That was where they ate haggis! I have never seen an "eating event" before so it was AWESOME to see! Some people were dry heaving, and some were saying "Wow, haggis isn't as bad as I thought!".

After all the teams left, my mom and I left, and her car started smoking and smelling REALLY bad. We managed to make it to the firehall event where I took lots of photos and then hopped into a team's car and followed them around for the rest of the race.

That was my favourite part of the day because I got to see how it feels to race, even if it was only for 2 events.

Well, that's it for me folks. I've organized it 4 times, and I can't do it again. Life demands too much of me now for me to reserve all that time and brainpower for a race! It was fun to do each time, and I'm glad I did it, but I am realizing my limitations (my mom will be glad to hear that, she's been wanting me to say that for, oh, 29 years?).

I really hope someone takes it on. It's SO worth it for the church! I have rougly 175 files on my computer just ready to hand off to the next organizer, so let me know if that's you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Nancy,
You really did such an awesome job organizing this race. We had a blast and got to try some things we might never had done (notable, the haggis!)
Thanks for putting so much effort into making a memorable event for us to enjoy.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home