The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Our Gift

Nathan, "NAY-then" - Hebrew: "the gift".



Awe, isn't he cute? I don't think I've said the word "CUTE" this often in my entire life!

I've been a mommy for 12 days now. My days consist of feeding, changing stinky STINKY diapers, rocking in the rocking chair and trying to sleep when Nathan sleeps.

Colin has two weeks off (except today) which has been AWESOME, so we can learn how our new family functions all together. It's been such a steep learning curve. You can read all the books out there on how to be a parent but nothing can prepare you 100% for what's coming.


I had no idea I'd be so worried about him right from day 1. First I was worried when he was born because he wasn't breathing. Then, I worried about his cone head (both which got better). Then it was the jaundice, the feeding (is he getting too much? too little?), and the list goes on and on. I know not a day will go by without me worrying about my precious little son.

But it's all because I love him so much! I didn't know "love at first sight" was possible, but Nathan has taught me that it is. Even in the middle of the night when I'm rocking him back to sleep, I look at the tiny face staring back at me and am just blown away by this amazing blessing God has given us.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Wagners said...

Awww.. He's so sweet, I can't believe we haven't met him yet!

Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Well, this is my second attempt to leave this comment... let's hope my computer doesn't blow a gasket!

Nathan is such a miracle and a blessing. You will continue to be amazed by him each day... he will do new things and soon he will be smiling (and no, it's not just gas...)

Friday, August 24, 2007 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Oh he IS SO CUTE, Nancy. Wow. So cute!! Can I say that again and again too? Such a cute kid.

It's so nice to hear you going through the amazement of how much you love him. I can remember experiencing that for the first time too, and hardly believing that I could love something THAT much. I can't wait to have another one and be able to love TWO that way!!

Oh and for the record, the feeling only gets stronger as time goes on. It's great.

Do you find yourself thinking about your own parents in a new way since having Nathan? I certainly found that with Plava. What a crazy thought that they did, and do, feel that way about me. Woo!

Friday, August 24, 2007 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Do you have updated pictures? I keep looking for you at church but I think we must be going to different services!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 4:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home