The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rustic Easter

This Easter was different than the usual, but was really fun! Colin, me and 8 friends headed up to the Nahatlatch River to go camping!

We stayed in a "sketchy" (the word of the weekend) but cute A-frame cabin, which was a little, um, well...sketchy! When someone walked around the loft, the people downstairs would cover their heads, in fear that the person upstairs would make a swift decent through the floor. Within the first 30 minutes the spider count was about 8...all killed by girls I might add.

Then there was the nest. Rhonda went upstairs to scout out which matress on the floor she wanted and she found a nest on the ceiling above the bed I eventually slept in. It was a very empty, deserted looking nest, but you think it housed the devil by the way we talked about it (by "we", I mean Rhonda!).

This all being said, it had a flush toilet about 75 paces from the cabin. Insert angelic music here: "AAAhhhhhhhh!" With the amount of times I use it right now, a flush toilet was all I needed to keep me happy. The bathroom was actually so clean and smelled so good I contemplated sleeping in it.

I am not complaining about it though. I love rustic trips because you really get back to nature and experience God's creation. Nature always makes me feel like God is present. And what better weekend to spend surrounded by God than Easter? Plus, if I survive, I'm left with some stories that make my parents shake their heads! My reward for roughing it!

What was neat about this location is that we had to drive about 30 minutes on a logging road to get there. The cabin was on the bank of the Nahatlatch River, and at the spot where a category 4 rapid was! So at night we kept the windows open and heard the roar of the rapids as we slept. Loved it!

A lot of "red-neck" fun was had by all. Colin was in heaven. There was fishing, bonfires, gold panning, and target practice (yes, I was a gun-toting pregnant lady).
Yummy trout was an addition to our Easter dinner!
Other than some Garnets and fools gold, no precious stuff found.
Burn corn candle, BURN!

And what Easter would be complete without an Easter Egg hunt or two?


And of course, there was LOADS of food! Food to burn, so to speak.

We had an entire laundry basket full of chips.

On Saturday, it was Rhonda's birthday. I would insert a photo of the birthday girl here, but I don't think she'd appreciate the face she's making, due to her protest of having to wear a birthday hat.

Fun times, fun times!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

That sounds like so much fun, Nancy! And might I add that you're lookin' pretty cute, prego!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

It's funny, we had sooo many chips and bread, yet we only went home with two leftover bags of chips, and there weren't even two loaves of bread leftover in the end. We did, however, have to waste the hotdog buns. We certainly did not starve.

Friday, April 13, 2007 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home