The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back To Reality

September.

It's the time where the schedules start. No more carefree summer evenings! In a sense, it's time to get back to reality.

Of course, I'm talking about reality TV. Luckily, there was only one reality show I watched in the summer (So you think you can dance) and I wasn't devestated if I missed a show. It was nice to not have the contents of my evenings dictated by the boob tube! But, my favorite shows are starting once again.

Tomorrow (Thursday), Survivor, Season 13 begins! Every time a new season begins, I say to myself "I am not going to watch this season", but I am almost embarrassed to admit I've seen all 12 seasons. I really hope I'm not going to watch this one though because: (The next line contains a "survivor spoiler" so don't read if you don't want to know!!) this season, the tribes are split by ethnicity. I am really sensitive towards racial comments, so I don't think I want to subject myself to it for one hour every week. We'll see. I'll have to learn how to use my VCR again, since I am out on Thursday nights.

On Sunday, The Amazing Race, Season 10 begins! Ah yes, here is where my loyalties lie! This is my favorite show ever! I have seen every episode of every season (except maybe 2), and will continue watching it until they don't make them anymore. Besides, I need to keep getting ideas for the upcoming Amuzing Race's at church!

So You Think You Can Dance is another new fav. Not too sure when that one starts, but I'll be watching it once it does!

I have officially given up on The Apprentice, and missed the ENTIRE last season (I am so proud of myself)! I am sick of hearing people scream at each other (as opposed to the lying and backstabbing in Survivor).

I guess 2 hours of TV per week won't interfere with my life too much.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

The Amazing Race is also my absolute favorite TV show. I am counting down the days until it starts. That hour always seems to go by so quickly!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

I agree. The show just flies by! I guess that's what happens when you've got a great show!

Except for the family edition... I got too annoyed with some of the families, so it made it seem like it was dragging a bit.

By the way, 2 hours of TV is not bad. And really, if the Amazing Race is where you get ideas for the Amuzing Race, then it's considered research... so it's more like just 1 hour of TV!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

The only one of those shows I've really seen is Amazing Race, and it is an excellent show. Now... if only our rabbit ears would tune it in better!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Also, the family edition stayed pretty much within the USA, and all the activities were based on American History, which I knew nothing about (Stacy probably does though!)!

And those without functional rabbit ears...we WILL be watching the show every week. So feel free to come on over! The more, the merrier!

I can't find what day/time it's going to be on (other than the premier). Anyone know?

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Blech. I dispise reality television. Actually, I'm against television in general. Although I'm amazed at how many TV Show on DVD box sets we've picked up in the last week. We bought Lost Season 2, House Season 2, Simpsons Season 2, Animaniacs Volume 1, and we're borrowing Arrested Development Season 3. We're crazy.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Yeah, I have to agree with you, Ryan. I'm not a fan of reality tv, though I'm somehow drawn in if I'm "forced" to watch an episode or two, due to someone else in our household who has some favourite shows.... I don't really like tv all that much in general, but there are some shows I love - like "The Office". Oh yeah.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Think of the Amazing Race more of a travel show than a reality show.

Peasant Vision (rabbit ears) in Golden consists of CBC, CBC and, oh yes, CBC. Needless to say the qulaity of programming we get to watch has gone way down. We have resorted to downloading certain shows we really want to watch. Can't wait for Lost Season 3 to start.

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Wow Ryan! For someone who's against TV, that sure is a lot of TV shows!

Justin, you guys can come over anytime to watch anything other than CBC!

I was forced to watched the first episode of Survivor, since Colin has no intention of missing this season. I was drawn in, and will be watching the whole season now, even though I am already annoyed by the racial comments I've heard!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

And I just ordered Darkwing Duck Volume 1! It's not that I have something against TV shows, necessarily, but mainly just TV in general. There are many TV shows that I would consider quality entertainment, but I don't like the idea of planning your life's schedule around a TV show or how depressing it is to take in that much advertising every day.

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home