The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't get me started

I haven't been inspired to blog this week. Usually a photo inspires me, but lately my photos have been rather...incapacitated...so haven't been able to use them for my posts. You see, my computer is an utterly useless piece of rubbish. Which is why I blog on my lunchbreak instead of at home in the first place.

I love my IBook. Has it EVER crashed? NO! Has it EVER needed to be reformatted? NO! Has it EVER has a virus? NO! Not even one! My stupid PC, on the other hand, catches more bugs than those blue flourescent bug zappers on a hot summer evening.

Right after reformatting it, it works great. Then, it won't start if there's a CD in the drive. Then, it won't start if anything's plugged into the USB port. Then, it won't start if the modem's on. Then it won't start unless you are standing on one foot with the other twisted pretzel-like around the back, your left arm at 47 degrees northwest, and your right ring finger pressing the power switch with exactly 3.6234 pounds of pressure.

Now it won't turn on.

Unfortunately, we didn't back up stuff early enough, so last night, we had the tedious task of transferring all the photos that aren't backed up to the Mac, because we know that IN THE MAC, IT IS SAFE! (If you don't learn anything else from this post, remember that one point).
I say "we" were transferring photos, but I mainly meant "Colin". I was scrapbooking at the table in the same room. I'd look over at Colin, who was crouched down over the keyboard, pressing F8 so fast I could barely see his finger. I'm guessing that's how you start in Safe Mode. Because "Able-to-use-the-computer" mode obviously isn't working.

It's only a matter of time before we re-format AGAIN. Like, two days? Either that or drop kick it off the roof.

This wasn't even supposed to be a post about how much I hate my computer! I guess I got carried away. I'll compose myself, then compose the message I initially intended to. Stay tuned for more positive words!

8 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

Ahh, the sad lament of a PC user. I feel your pain.

If you ever do decide to drop kick your PC, we'll have to film it and make one of those "Office Space" type desctruction scenes!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Office Space just happens to be my FAVORITE movie! That's the best idea I've heard all day!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Alot of people complain that Macs are too expensive, and that they'd rather buy a cheaper PC. I think you've proven in this post that "you get what you pay for."

Oh, and invite me along for the Office Space filming.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

If we can't do it with the Roth computer, we could use one of my old PC's I've got laying around. Kate would agree to that I'm sure!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Make sure you wait till I'm down. We can use my camera as well for multiple angles of the destruction.

nancy, why not use you iBook to blog, store all your photos, etc?

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

We have started storing them as of a few days ago, but the hard drive is already full from all the photos we have.

we just got the internet set up onto it, so now I can blog at home! Good idea!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Andrew Alexander said...

I can just hear Justin chanting, "dump the PC, dump the PC!"

Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yeah, I'd better watch out...

They're staying at our house for a few days and we'll be at work. I'll come home to see Andrew, Justin and Ryan standing in the backyard filming each other smash the thing with baseball bats.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home