The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Impromptu Afternoon

What a beautiful day! It started out boring. I wanted (not wanted, but NEEDED) to clean up the house so I stayed at home for the morning. I seriously lacked motivation though and just spent the time stacking blocks and staring out the window at the neighbour who decided to chop down the beautiful privacy hedge between our houses. At first I thought it was a very bad thing, but I've talked to him more in the past 5 hours than I have in almost 3 years.

In the afternoon, I thought I was going to become a permanent fixture of the couch, so I put Nate in the car seat and left without knowing where I was going. 

We started off at a scrapbook store. Very good place to start! Then car seat shopping at Babies R'Us. I had a free fries coupon from Pajo's (the fish & chip place at Rocky Point Park) burning a hole in my pocket so decided to head there, after a quick trip to Starbucks. Oh, and I found my new favourite coffee...a mint mocha chip frappachino blended light. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmint!

I was reluctant to go to Rocky Point though. You see, I joined a Mom & Baby fitness group called "Fit 4 Two" in PoMo in April. My goal was to get into shape before the cruise and then get back into shape after the cruise. I achieved half of that goal but haven't been able to go back since we got back from the cruise. If YOU want to go, tell them I referred you, and then I get two free classes. Then I'd be able to go back!

Anyways, I'm getting off track. Fit 4 Two is a few blocks from Rocky Point, and on sunny days we walk to Rocky Point to do our exercises...right in front of Pajo's Fish & Chips. It's nasty, really. You're exercising and all you can smell is fries. 

I dawdled on my way to the park because I didn't want to run into the personal trainer there. I didn't want her to see me walking towards deep fried heaven instead of toward the push up bench. 

I got to the park 5 minutes after they left. Sneaky.

I got my free fries and Nate and I set out for a walk. 

And something happened to me that's never happened before.

I was pooped on by a seagull. WHAT are the chances of THAT?? I tell ya, I win all the bad lotteries. 

Not only was I pooped on, I was wearing black, so it was TOTALLY obvious. But you know what was weird? It pooped UNDER my.... chest. Now, I'm not an overly endowed woman, but still! How did it hit me right underneath? Still trying to figure that one out. I'm sure Colin will have a scientific answer using physics calculations.

I wasn't going to let that bother me. At least it narrowly missed my fries. And everyone probably thought that Nate puked on me. So we continued.

Nathan got pretty mad that I was eating fries and not sharing. I forgot his snacks at home, so I gave him his first fry. He loved it (obviously....who wouldn't?). He went for a fun ride on the swing and teety totter, and then we enjoyed our respective beverages on the grass, and in the sunshine.

Sometimes the best moments are the ones that aren't planned.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Wagners said...

If you're ever on an excursion to Rocky point and would like some company, just give me a shout! :)

Monday, June 02, 2008 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

we were on a boat two years ago and a seagull pooped right over us and got both me and J' on the heads! It was one of those dinner/cruise things-luckily we had already eaten. So gross.

Monday, June 02, 2008 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

So sorry to hear about the poop episode! I remember a particular incident. I was a golfer in high school. My friend Katrina and I were at a tournament and happened to get in the same group. I think we were on the third green. She was lining up a putt when suddenly a big bird flew overhead...and his lovely surprise landed RIGHT on top of her head! She had to finish the other 15 holes with bird poop on her head! Yuck!

Monday, June 02, 2008 9:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home