The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lost in LOST

Colin and I have got somewhat addicted to LOST. Somewhat addicted? Who am I kidding? We need to start going to a support group.

A friend gave me a good analogy. "There are people who eat all their candy all at once, and then there's people who eat it slowly". 

We are definitely the "eat it all at once" people.

The same friend lent us Season 1 of LOST 2 Fridays ago. We've been wanting to see it because a lot of our friends are really into it. And goodness knows, we need another TV show to watch since The Office has been delayed due to the writers strike. Because of the dental problems I was going through, I haven't been able to get out and do much...so why not watch LOST?

And watch LOST is exactly what we did. That's ALL we did. In one week, we watched the entire first season, which I'm reading now, was 1068 minutes. That doesn't include the time it spent on pause while Nathan needed our attention. 

We got Season 2 from her. We're now on episode 15. I am actually starting to dream about it (who could blame me, really). I get suspicious of strangers I see...they may be "others". And I probably wouldn't be surprised if I saw a big tree get blown right out of the ground. 

One of the times I was at the dentist last week I heard the lady in the chair next to me talking about "Jack on the island with a dog getting chased by cannibals". I freaked out and covered my ears because I didn't want to hear any spoilers! Turns out they were talking about Pirates of the Caribbean. I need help. 

So last night I wanted a break from it. Colin asked a few times if we could watch "just one episode". But I refused. One episode lead to another which leads to another. Then it's 11:00 and you feel bad and somewhat pathetic as you've wasted your entire evening, yet again.  

The funny thing is that I don't even really like the story line. Multiple times per episode I say, "AS IF" as it is so far-fetched. But I guess the mystery of it all is what brings me back. Uh oh, I feel a season 2 spoiler coming on...

I hear an alarm! I must type 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

Now I have 108 minutes of spare time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so disapointed that season 4 is airing on Thursday nights. The last three weeks our VCR failed to record the show (I'm blaiming Dave). Eeek... I'm getting behind!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

I haven't watched LOST yet, so I totally missed some of those jokes, but I've heard it's excellent. We've rented and watched series' before too, and it's the best way to do it if you ask me!! None of this cliff hanger frustration!! ;)

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home