The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mothers Day

What a wonderful day... actually, a wonderful weekend!

On Friday, Colin took me to the store to pick out a sewing machine as my Mothers Day gift!

Saturday morning, a friend hosted a brunch for me and 4 other "First Mothers Day" mothers. Yummy homemade waffles, and a great time!

Saturday afternoon, Colin and Nathan had father-son time, and left me at home BY MYSELF! 

Saturday evening, Colin took me to pick up a desk from Craigslist that would be PERFECT for the new scrapbook table I'd been hoping for.

That brings me to the actual day, today, my first Mothers Day!

Colin gave me a card this morning that just about made me cry. He made it himself! I always get nervous when he goes in the scrapbook room and closes the door! But it was great. A wonderful heartfelt message on the left, and a message from Nathan on the right, complete with his hand prints in finger paint!

Part of the heartfelt message said that I would not be changing any diapers today! Woo hoo, what a treat!

Colin changed the computer desktop photo to this:

We went to church and Colin took Nathan out of the service when he started to fuss (Nathan, that is), so I got to hear an ENTIRE sermon. 

Colin thought to pack the "I love Mommy" bib in the diaper bag.

After chatting with friends, we headed up to Westwood Plateau with my parents, sisters and their families for brunch. It's a Mothers Day tradition. Usually Colin is fishing with his folks on Mothers Day, so it was his first year coming (he was warned that last year would be his LAST Mothers Day away from me). Yummy food, as always! And we got our faces painted and balloon animals, as always. And we were barely able to walk out of the place, as always. 
I got a nap in the afternoon.

I dragged Colin to IKEA to pick up supplies for my new scrapbook organization idea. It's my day, he didn't even complain about going!

We went to Colin's parents for a BBQ dinner. 

When we came home, Colin installed all the stuff I bought from IKEA into my scrapbook room. It's now all done!  

I really love being a mom. I'm not going to get all mushy on you, but today it just seemed easier to look past the un-glorious, frustrating and difficult parts of being a parent, and just focus on the blessing it is, and on the one-of-a-kind bond I have with my little monkey! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Nancy,
Your blog is very touching. You really do rock at being a mommy, and it just fills my heart to see you and your little son together. It just looks right, you and Colin and young Mr Roth. Happy Mother's Day (belated I guess, oops!)
And, unrelated but still very cool - LOVE your scrapbook table, it looks so neat and organized!

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home