The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Roast Camel Recipe

I received a "Mini Moments for Mothers" book today. Thought I'd share part of one entry. This is an actual recipe:

ROAST CAMEL RECIPE

To prepare this delicacy, first take 100 gutted Mediterranean trout and stuff them with 200 hard boiled eggs, then stuff the trout into 50 cooked chickens. The chickens are then placed in the body cavity of a sheep and the sheep into the carcass of a camel. Roast over a charcoal fire until done. 
Serves about 300 guests.

I tried to find a photo online, but couldn't find one. I did find some simple camel roast photos but it looked gross. Thought I'd spare you. 

This recipe is reminiscent of the "Turducken" recipe shared by "Vikings on the West Coast" before its unfortunate demise :-(

Happy cooking, and invite me when it's done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

I think this might top Turducken. It sounds absolutely revolting.

Glad you're not in pain at the moment!!

Monday, March 03, 2008 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so where do I get the camel? Is it even legal to eat them? Maybe I could substitute a lama.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home