The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Frozen White Stuff

There are so many things I don't like about living on a hill.
- there's a retaining wall in my backyard that I'm sure Nathan will fall off of at least ten times
- playing sports other than "skeleton" and luge are impossible on our street
- in icy weather you pray that your brakes will work by the time you get to the intersection at the bottom of the street

The list goes on.

But on days like this, I love being on a hill! I can see beautiful snowy scenery as far as the clouds will let me look.


This photo doesn't show the whole view, as it was taken from the front door. Our living room has a better view.

After Nate's breakfast at 6:30, I put him back to bed and went outside to shovel! It's almost a novelty around here, not a chore. I did get lazy though, if you take a closer look at the photo. I only shoveled 3 lines (they're almost all "snowed over" already). Two lines for Colin's truck tires, and one line for my tenant to walk to her car. I don't think she's going to work today though. Oh well, I'm not going to be able to make it to my Aqua Fit class today, so at least I got to attend a "Frozen" Aqua Fit class in my own driveway.

Keep safe everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

I agree, living on a hill myself. One other little benefit I noticed today is that people slow WAYYYYY down when it is snowy on a hill! It was great to not have cars just FLYING down our hill! It was such a gorgeous day!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Super sleuth said...

That snow picture you have looks lovely. We've got lots of the white stuff out here too, but I was stuck getting the paper out all day and didn't take any pix.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home