The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Grey Day

Yesterday morning I was doing my hair before work. As I was trying to get the frizz flat, I spied one wild hair on top of my head that was curling in every direction. It wouldn't stay flat no matter how much putty I applied.

Then I realized.

It was grey.

"It's NOT mine, it CAN'T be!". But when I yanked it, I felt that tell-tale tug which confirmed the unthinkable.

It IS mine.

I didn't have much time to sulk or stand there in shock, as Colin ushered me out the door to take me to the train station.

That night, I was looking in the mirror and noticed a prominantly blonde hair, front and center, above my forehead. "It's funny how shiny that blonde hair is, and how noticable it is from the rest", I thought.

Panic set in as I remembered the drama of the morning. I braced myself, got closer to the mirror, and was distressed to find... it too, was grey!

I'm not even a mom yet and I already have grey hair!

I must be getting old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

You might be surprised to know how many people have grey hairs in their teens. :)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger The Wagners said...

I have found the odd grey once in a while, I usually take it as a sign of emotional stress, but finding them usually causes MORE emotional stress!!
You're not alone... :)

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home