The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Return It

What's the oddest thing you've ever returned?

Up til today, I wouldn't have been able to answer that question, but thanks to Colin's boldness, I now can!

Last May we bought six 7-foot tall cedar hedges, and planted them in our backyard. On the 2 days we were allowed to water them in the summer, we drowned them with a sprinkler. And on the days we weren't allowed to use a sprinkler, we watered them by hand. My parents even kept this up during our holiday.

Regardless of our TLC, one of them died quite quickly, and another one kicked the bucket a few months later.



Colin keeps the reciepts from all our house maintenance projets, so he decided to ask for a refund for the 2 dead trees on our trip to Costco today. I must admit. I was skeptical. I was embarrassed. It's been 8 months, and they are (or were) a living thing! How can you get a refund for that?

But when he asked at the refund counter, no questions were asked. All she said was "Bring them in!"! So Colin dug up the hedges, root ball and all, and headed to back to Costco!





Oh the weird looks he got with the dead trees in the shopping cart! It was the busiest he's ever seen Costco, and EVERYONE was looking at him. When he got to the counter, the two cashiers whispered something to each other. The cashier said, "And what is the reason for your return?". Colin says, "Uh....they're dead!". The other cashier said "I can't believe you actually asked him that!".

I think he brightened their day.

How's THAT for a refund policy??

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

I think Costco is my new favourite store.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Oh, I would totally return them too... they WERE dead!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home