The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ethical Addiction

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I quit coffee cold turkey. You're still "allowed" the caffeine equivalent of 3 cups per day, but I thought I should be as healthy as possible and cut it out of my diet as much as possible. Haven't had a cup since.

Today I was feeling really sluggish at work. People were asking if I was OK. I was falling asleep at 10am, so I did it.

I had a cup of coffee.

As I sipped it, I couldn't do anything else! I just sat and sipped, enjoying every sweet & warm drop, wishing the cup would never empty.
But now it is, and it sits on my desk beckoning to be filled once again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

What can I say? Baby Roth better appreciate the sacrifices you've made for its health and well-being! If you miss having coffee now, just think of all the late nights you can enjoy a cup of coffee while teenager Roth is out late, stressing you out! ha ha just joking.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

I never knew you were such a coffee drinker!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger The Wagners said...

I don't know if I could go very long without a 'cuppa' I've tried to cut down but I can't seem to stop myself from having at least one cuppa per day. I don't know why..I just love coffee! Bravo for making it this far!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Well, what can I say? I never started drinking it so... shouldn't ever have problems cutting it out. The joys of caffeine abstinence. I use orange juice.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home