The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Isn't it Ironic?

Pregnancy holds many ironies:

1. While I was blogging about all the drama regarding the hot tub back in December, I had to bite my tongue. 5 days after all the drama was over, and we were able to finally relax in the tub, I found out I was pregnant! So the hot tub is almost off-limits now!

I can go in at a reduced temperature for 15 minutes, but have only actually gone in about 6 times due to mommy-to-be-paranoia. So lucky Colin has the tub to himself!

2. In the first 3 months, I felt/am feeling nauseated and utterly exhausted. But during this time, no one is allowed to know! I can't request a bus seat yet because my belly's not big, but during these queasy mornings and afternoons, I could really use one.

3. The year we get a huge snowfall, and take a vacation to Golden (which had feet of powder), is the year I am not able to snowboard! However, the day Colin and Justin went skiing in Golden, Colin did something romantic. He sent me to the spa for an afternoon of pampering! It was heaven!

That being said, the sacrifices are obviously worth it, and I only occasionally feel like I'm missing out of things. Besides, I think I'm doing something pretty exciting already!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Oh I'm so glad you have the chart up on your blog. That thing is awesome! And wow, tooth buds already, how cool is that?!

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Hey, your comment on bus seats is a great reason to start petitioning our culture to get back to our old chivalrus roots and offer seats to ladies before men....eh?

Monday, January 29, 2007 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Amen to that, sister!

Monday, January 29, 2007 9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home