The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

I've always wanted to sit and read my baby a story before bed, but up until a few months ago, he wouldn't read with me. He didn't like reading AT ALL (kinda like me). I'm glad he finally warmed up to books because that's how they learn the most. They see pictures of animals and you tell them what it is and what it says. Their little sponge-brains soak up the info and remember it.

His favourite book right now is a "my first animals" book by DK (AWESOME books). He has already shown preference to certain animals on each page and completely ignores others (like the tarantula...atta boy!).

His favourite page is the "swimming animals" page. EVERY time we open it to that page, he points to the trout. Not the penguin, seahorse or dolphin..... but the trout. 

Last night when we were reading it to him, he leaned down and kissed the trout. Several times. 

My son is going to be a fisherman...just like daddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

That is too adorable! One of the things Kevin is most excited for is to take our little one fishing. I think he mentions it at least once a week, that some day they are going to go fishing together. Sooo cute. Don't you love having a little boy?

Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yes I do love having a little boy! I can't wait until they actually CAN go fishing together and I can have a spa day, or just lay in bed allllll day.

And I hope he turns out just like his daddy.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Super sleuth said...

I wouldn't imagine your son growing up any other way than with a love of fishing - it is no doubt in his blood. And just think, when he's old enough, HE can help Colin load and unload the boat, while you sit idly by with your travel mug of coffee enjoying the show!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home