The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

In Review

I thought I'd do you a service and rate & review the last 5 movies I've watched, on a scale from 0 - 5 stars. No worries, there are no spoilers. Hopefully you enjoy my recommendations. And even more importantly, I hope I've spared you some hours of boredom. 

Be Kind Rewind *
Wow. What a waste of time. I want those 1.5 hours of my life back. And the 5 minutes I'm spending writing about it. The only reason I didn't stop watching it was because I was too hot to get off the couch. I am usually a Jack Black fan, but this was just plain stupid. It gets one * because I think I remember laughing once. Maybe twice. 


National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets * * *
If I had a dime for every time I said, "AS IF" during this movie...
Not as good as NT1, but then again, what sequel is? It was too unbelievable, totally predicable, yet still entertaining (it would have got 2.5 starts but I can't figure out how to do a half star using this font).



Fools Gold - not rated
I think I watched 30 minutes and then left to go do other entertaining things like brushing my teeth or cleaning the toilet. Same old, same old. Didn't rate it as I didn't finish it. 






The Lion King * * * * * 
I babysat my nephew last week and we watched this movie 3 times back to back before noon. I can't get sick of it! The opening scene still gives me goose-bumps. I first saw it in the theatre in 1994 when my sister sent me there for my 14th birthday. I think I've seen it 2 billion times since. It was awesome to watch it with my nephew because we both were reciting the words and singing the songs. Colin doesn't let me do that. I don't know WHY! 

P.S. I Love You * * * *
Ladies, ladies, ladies. This is one of those chick flicks that you MUST watch at least once (like The Notebook). Rather depressing concept, and one questionable scene (doesn't every movie have one now?), but a great movie I definitely recommend. Watch when you're depressed for even more waterworks. Watch WITHOUT the husband if you hate those clueless "guy" remarks they have to make during the sappiest parts. Would have been 5 *'s if that one scene wasn't in it. 

There you go. Enjoy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Thanks for the reviews! I was wondering about P.S. I love you...wanted to see it but didn't know if it was too depressing.

I said the same thing about NT2...the one thing that I DID love about it was seeing my home...South Dakota...in the end of the movie. Aww, Mt. Rushmore!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Super sleuth said...

How can you NOT like Fools Gold? It had it all! Mystery, action, romance, wit. I LOVED it. I give it two thumbs up and five stars. Course, it's your blog, so my stars and thumbs don't count 'round here!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Lion King is one of the best ones out there. "Haaaaaa chiwengya!!!!" (If you have no idea what I just wrote, just yell it out slowly....

Aaaaah, yes.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Ok ok. Maybe I'll watch the whole movie (Fools Gold) so I can give it an accurate review.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I'll watch Fools Gold with you :)

Friday, July 04, 2008 3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home