The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Contagious Joy

I had the opportunities to go the "Contagious Joy" Women Of Faith conference last weekend. I was hoping for some laughs, spiritual renewal, fun and girl bonding, and I got all of that and more!

The speakers were amazing. They shared intimate stories of their lives, how God has helped them in their not-so-great moments in life, and how He can help YOU. They had the ability to make your stomach ache due to laughter, and make you cry like this storm we're having (at least it made ME cry), while still keeping 100% on topic. How else could I sit through 12 hours without getting bored?

The musicians are definitely gifted! Nichole Nordeman's music cut through the airy fairy stuff that Christian music is sometimes made of, and dug right down to meaningful messages. Avalon was also wonderful!

I would definitely recommend this conference to any woman. It wasn't a "girl power" thing (which I was SOOOO glad about). And there were only one or two guy jokes! Eliminating a gender just cuts away a certain amount of distraction!

So next year it's in Seattle. Let's get a bus together and make a weekend out of it, ladies!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I just finished a blog on this too! Yes, I say we all go to Seattle next year. On a big yellow bus singing "This Little Light of Mine"! Hit it girls!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Amen girlfriend!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go in your hobbit costume? :) I love that thing. I think you should wear it all the time.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Super sleuth said...

Wow, sounds like a great conference. Hopefully sign me up for that bus trip next year. Watch out Seattle, CAC ladies are on their way!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I'm feeling pangs of jealousy as I look at your cluster map. POPULAR GIRL!!

Sunday, November 19, 2006 7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home