The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

God's Painting

On our Saturday morning geocache excursion, our GPS took us to the boardwalk by the Mary Hill Bypass along the Fraser. We got out of the car, took one look at the scenery, and drove back home to grab the camera.
It was beautiful! The fog was thick, and the many spider webs were covered in dew.
It's ironic that God can make a structure made by a such a creepy and frightening arachnid so beautiful! The dew droplets on the webs were perfect tiny spheres, and if you got close enough, you could see the sun's reflection on each and every one of them!
The thing we like most about geocaching is being led to parts of our city that we've never been, or like to be. Without following the coordinates, we never would have seen the beautiful picture that God painted that morning!

4 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Beautiful!
(Finally, a comment from me! Of course, all I wanted to do was write a short comment and somehow I ended up with blog of my own, not on purpose. Sneaky buggers!)

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Super Sleuth! Geez, you confused me! I had to do some "sleuthing" of my own to figure out who you were...

Thanks for the comment!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Those pics are so great. They look so professional. Steve and I found a similar spider web in the woods near our place, and the sun was shining through it perfectly, but there was no spider at home. So I suggested bringing one of the spiders that trespasses into our house, and putting him into a little jar, and placing him out into the big web we had found in the woods! I wonder if he would know it's not his web.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, great pictures!

I think it's awesome how God paints amazing pictures for us to see everywhere. We just need to slow down a bit and appreciate them.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 12:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home