The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Hobbit and the Pirate

We went to a Halloween Party last night. The theme was "Heroes and Hollywood", and everyone was to dress up accordingly.

I wanted to be a hobitt. The lady hobbits look boring, and they're not heroes, so I decided to be Frodo Baggins! Now THERE'S a hero! I guess that made me a cross-dressing hobbit. Colin wanted to be Captain Jack Sparrow, since he secretly wishes he was a pirate, and loves to say "AAARRRrrr!!!".

So off to Value Village we went, and this is what we came up with:





"Cute little hobbitssesss...
Give me the precioussss
We wantsss it!
We NEEDSSssss it!"












"AAAARRrrrr! Give me the best dressed prize or I'll send you down to Davy Jones locker!"


Colin DID win the costume contest! Ah, yes! Fun times rooting through the VV Botique, and pillaging the depths of my mom's scrap fabric!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Whoa! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S COLIN! SERIOUSLY! I think he definitely does deserve a prize for that!!!!! Your costume is awesome too.

We were party poopers on Halloween night, but we did have a lot of fun giving out candy to the little meepers who came all dressed up. I kept a tally of all the kids, and when I hit 65, we ran out of candy! So we had to put out our 3 jack-o-lanterns, and turn out the lights, so kids wouldn't keep coming. I think we would have had well over 100 if we had enough candy and kept going. Next year, we'll have to get way more candy, or I'll have to be way less generous at the beginning of the night!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yes, one of you two definitely deserved to win. Your costumes were awesome.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Super sleuth said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop grinning every time I look at your pictures! TOO FUNNY!!
Colin is a perfect Captain Jack Sparrow and you are just the right size for a hobbit! (tee hee, just joking...)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:49:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Ahoy you scurvy dog! That be a spledid costume. But where be thy wench?!? Yo Ho and an bottle of rum!

So what'd ya win?

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hey...who you calling a wench?? You know where scurvy dogs sleep? IN THE DOGHOUSE!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

LOL... one of the funniest blog comment conversations I've read all year!

Friday, November 03, 2006 10:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha!! I agree, it's pretty funny. Even funnier if you imagine the piratey voices. (The word "piratey", by the way, is courtesy of Veggie Tales)

Saturday, November 04, 2006 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Yarrrrr!

Sunday, November 05, 2006 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home