The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Photo of the Day

Waaaaay back when I was on mat leave and Colin was the one working (3 jobs ago), I started an almost-daily tradition. Using the camera on our computer monitor, I would take a photo of Nathan and email it to Colin at work. We called it the POTD (photo of the day). Most often, the photos were taken before I had a chance to have a shower so these are not the greatest photos of me around!

It started with this photo, when he was about 6 months old and really round!
Sometimes, I sent them to show Colin how my day was going:
And sometimes I sent them as a plea for him to come home from work to spend time with us:
And sometimes they are just plain silly:
When the roles reversed in Dec, Colin started sending ME the photos. When I was the one sending the photos, I usually waited until I had Nathan dressed in a cute outfit. But when Colin sends them, 90% of the time he's still in his jammies. Cuz when he's with daddy he stays in his jammies a lot longer!

They honestly brighten my day, especially when I'm having a "I want to be at home with my boy" day. Like today.

Here's what I got today that made me laugh out loud:


Nathan found these boots/slippers (that are WAY too big) in his closet, in a box for future use. He took them to Colin and said, "BOOTS". So apparently, he's been wearing them around the house! Silly little monkey.

Even if it's a photo of Nathan just being his smily self, it's a daily treasure that helps keep me going when all I want to do is be at home with my boys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

love it! A great idea and the pics are too cute. love the boots.

Friday, March 06, 2009 3:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home