The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Rest of Junk Week

Junk Hunting days 2 and 3 were not as profitable as day 1.

I must admit that the load we got on Sunday was pretty out-of-the-ordinary!

DAY 2

Colin went by himself and got the following:

A reeeeeeally old radio that he wants to turn into a CD player. Total savings: $0.








A plant pot that I've been wanting to buy for a few years. Total savings: $25.

Also a few other little things. Not much this day.


DAY 3

We both got to go out. As we were driving down a cul-de-sac, who do we run into? My parents! Fellow rubber-neckers of the sidewalk treasures! We got them hooked last year when we got them a treadmill.


More plant pots. I had pots almost IDENTICAL to these in my shopping cart at Home Depot on Sunday, but put them back just incase I'd find them junking! Whaddya know?

Total savings: $15



No, you are not seeing double. We got another crib. Didn't we tell you we're having twins? Just kidding. I thought I liked it better so we brought it home. And I do like it better, so not only did we SAVE money, we might sell the other one and MAKE money!

Total savings: $150 (matress not included)

You ready for this rare jewel? This is one of the reasons I love Colin so much. He's so random. So unique! Look what he picked up:

Yes, that is a corn on the cob candle. It's like he won the lottery.

Total savings: $0. There's NO WAY we'd spend money on this.









And finally, when it was too dark to hunt any more, we went to Timmy's because I was starving by then.

Total savings: -$2.50




So as a recap:

Total savings from day 1: $850
Total savings from day 2: $25
Total savings from day 3: $162.50
Total savings from all week: $1037.50
Having the experience of junk hunting: $Priceless

There are some things that money can buy. For everything else, there's Junk Week.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Great finds. I LOVE the old radio. The only thing is, your slogan at the end should be there are some things money CAN buy, for everything eles, there's junk week.
See you soon!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oops thanks, I've made the correction!

Yes, see you SOON!!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

I can't believe you found TWO cribs! That is amazing! Well done!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

You guys have picked up some nice finds.

I find it amazing that nowadays photos are so cheap that we don't mind taking a picture of something like empty Tim Horton's wrappers.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

I could really get into junk week. Looks awesome.

Friday, April 06, 2007 7:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home