The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Facebook is Down so Here I Am!

It's my lunchbreak and my facebook account is offline for maintenance. How dare they? So here I am with some random thoughts & happenings of late.

* * * * *

Nathan is made of rubber. He had a bad fall last week. No details needed. No need to call social services either. He fell 8 feet straight down in one of those how-can-my-kid-move-so-fast moments. Thank God he's absolutely FINE! No "humpty dumpty" here.

* * * * *

I haven't actually mentioned on my blog that I'm expecting #2. Well...I am! Due Aug 30, that makes me 14 weeks (3.5 months) and in my 2nd trimester. GOODBYE MORNING SICKNESS! I think it was more severe, but didn't last as long. The fatigue is still hanging around, but hey. I'm working full time and have an 18 month old at home (who is a little...adventurous....as I mentioned above). So I'd be tired anyway.

Don't know if we're finding out what it is. There are good and bad points for both. Did any of my readers find out the gender? Were you glad? Or did it spoil the surprise? Any comments about that topic would be great.

* * * * *

Colin is still Mr. Mom. There are no jobs out there to apply for! Just a tad frustrating and worrying. Just a tad.

We are BIG TIME having to cope with God's timing in our lives. To be expecting a baby when Colin's not working is not what we had in mind (he was still working when I got preggers). But God has a plan for our little one and there's a reason he/she is the one for us.

* * * * *

Here comes another baby boom! I have 4 close friends who are due within 3 months of me! 3 of us it's our second kid and 2 it's their first. The 3 of us who are expecting our second kid are due within 3 weeks. CRAZY! And no, we do not call each other up and plan these things. Must be in the water.

* * * * *

JLo, very dear friends of ours, are heading out on a round the world missions trip to write a book and photograph various missions projects. They leave Sunday! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, so Lo, can you mention it in a comment if I'm allowed??

We'll miss them dearly! They'll be gone while I get all fat, and won't be back until after baby #2 arrives. But we've remained great friends through thick and thin and moving all over the province several times, so this won't even be a bump in the road for our friendship!

* * * * *

I need to go and burn my lips and nose off by eating some spicy kimchi noodles now (my latest pregnancy craving). By the time baby is born, I'll be a pillar of salt. I'll have to name it with the initials M.S.G. But man are these noodles good!

6 Comments:

Blogger Super sleuth said...

Yay you blogged! And I've got a bit 'o mist in the eyes from your post. We will miss you guys like crazy too!! Of course you can mention it. In fact, I'll be writing about Pockets of Change (www.pocketsofchange.org) in my final column in the paper, so my whole anonymous name thing is kind of moot now. I'm very sad that we'll miss the birth of your bouncing new baby. We were overjoyed that we got to see Nathan a mere hours after he was born. It remains one of my favourite moments of my entire life for sure.
Hope the kimchi noodles were as

Monday, March 02, 2009 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Awe, your comment gave me some mist too!

It got cut off at the end though... the noodles were spicy hot and made my face red and lips were on fire.

Monday, March 02, 2009 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Since you asked - we found out the gender with both our girls, and were not disappointed at all! That said, we think that if we ever have another one we'll keep it a surprise....I think!!

Monday, March 02, 2009 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Nancy, Congrats! #2, that's great!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:10:00 AM  
Blogger angela said...

you know me-I need to know all ;)

I do wish now that we hadnt found out number #1 but know that would have never lasted.

I think afterwards you can sometimes wish you had not found out- but I dont know many that didnt find out and then wish they had if that helps

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok now i'm curious...who else is pregnant??
as you know we just found out what #2 is and so far i don't regret it. I am able to prepare in my mind (not so much need to prepare stuff wise now), prepare Blake, and i feel i'm now able to connect a bit more with this baby knowing what it is then i did with not knowing whether Blake was a boy or girl.-Lori Allen

Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home