The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Friday, June 02, 2006

On the Verge of Vacation

I feel like I am on the verge of vacation season! In the summer months we'll be: going to Savary Island with Rhonda & Steve, going camping with our small group, going to Salty Shack a few times, hosting our out-of-town partners-in-crime Justin & Lorene for a week and a bit (our first overnight house guests!), and celebrating our 5 year anniversary at a wilderness resort in BC! July is also "Birthday Month" in my family so we'll be having lots of family BBQ's (and maybe hosting a few)!
I was at lunch with a friend yesterday. She asked "So, whose friend's cabin are you going to THIS weekend?". She thinks I have all the right friends because it seems like everyone we know has a cabin (or access to one). She's right! I DO have all the right friends, but the cabin part is a just a small bonus of their friendship!

Wait a minute...I wasn't going to get all smushy...

This weekend (actually in 4 hours and 51 minutes) we'll be going to "John's Cabin". It's an almost-lakefront cabin on the sunshine coast.

The sunshine coast is like Greenland. Greenland is full of ice, and Iceland is green, but they named the bigger country Greenland...even though it should have been the one names "Iceland". I think it was to attract more people. This is exactly like the "Sunshine Coast"! It's called the "Sunshine Coast" so people think "Oh! How nice! A sunny part of the West Coast!". Little do they know, it rains just as much there as it does everywhere else.

John has been a good friend for about 7 years. We met him through at church in 1999, around the same time Colin and I started dating. Since then, we've been up to his cabin 15 times (including this weekend)!

Here are some of my favorite memories of the trips we've been on:

Nikki came up with us once. That was one of the few times it didn't rain AT ALL! The water was so beautiful that we swam between "Sap Island" and "Wasp Island" (named by Tim for obvious reasons).

I enjoyed the time we played "INKY DINKY" a rhyming games that ensures there is LOTS and LOTS of yelling going on. What made it super fun is that Kevin was trying to sleep. TEE HEE!

I love relaxing in the lake! Literally! Kate, Mark and I wore lifejackets like a diaper to make our upper bodies float abover the water. We each had a Coke in our hand as we bobbed around watching John sail, and Colin snorkel.

It's hard to stay focused when there's so much to look forward to! But I must get back to work. Only 2 hours 43 minutes to go til the end of my shift!

Stay tuned for some photos and crazy stories of our adventures, and misadventures of the summer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

Have fun! Sounds like you're in for a wild summer!

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home