The Roth Spot

A spot where you can read some potentially over-exaggerated stories of fun, thoughts and mishaps.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

IDIOT!

I know what foot-in-mouth syndrome is. I know it well. Saying things without thinking first of what ramifications the words will have. My foot has been in my mouth so much I am thinking of renaming my mouth "sock".

But what is it called when you DO things without thinking? And more importantly, what can be done so it can be stopped?

Any ideas on how to think BEFORE I act?

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

woah. you have employees under you? wow. I hardly know what to say, Boss.

Except that I know just what you mean about putting your foot in your mouth. I've been known to do it too. Ouch!

The thing to do with your employees seeing you get a leg massage is to make up some outlandish story and act like it's nothing out of the ordinary.

...like the doctor is working on some new leg maneover that helps people get rid of headaches, and he just wanted to try it out on you. Nothing strange about that...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

1:08pm...hmmm...shouldn't you be working?

I think the best solution is to quit your job and hide away at Salty Shack. That's what I'd do!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I had a late lunch...so no, I shouldn't have been working, but I think I'll hide out at Salty Shack anyways! Sounds like a plan!

And when I said "employees" I meant "coworkers"! I am no boss!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Laura and Ryan said...

...can I still call you boss though? I kinda liked it...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home